This is why I write about comedy so much:
- I was a panellist for the 2011 Edinburgh Comedy Awards when I was 20 years old. I believe this makes me the youngest person to ever be on the panel but as of May 2017 I have no proof (but due to its likelihood I will continue to boast about it at upcoming social events when relevant).
- I have scouted for the Edinburgh Comedy Awards for the past 6 years, spending most of my Augusts either sitting in Mosque Kitchen or watching free shows at Old Town venues.
- In 2015 I was a panellist for the Leicester Comedy Festival, and in 2016 and 2017 I ran the whole bloody panel (recruiting members, creating schedules, deciding nominees etc).
- In 2012 I was Chortle’s first intern and Steve Bennett provided me with the following reference:
“Sarah has a good grasp of the current comedy scene and is a lucid writer and a diligent worker – quick to learn and able to progress with tasks under her own initiative, with little supervision”.
- I’m friends with Kate Copstick on Facebook.